Gimp for x64 Windows 2.8.6
x64 is the open source reference in image manipulation. This free application will allow you to retouch, author and edit your photos thanks to a wide set of tools.
Let’s quickly go through what you can do with the Gimp
. The painting function has the essential clone, airbrush or pencil tools and a powerful gradient and blend tool. You can also create and save your own brushes and patterns for later use. The program lets you manipulate your photos, adding layers, doing Bezier and polygonal selections or setting text. Load and save animations in a frame-as-layer format and batch process all your photos for quick editing. The multi-windowed interface can be moved around to fit your needs and resized according to your desktop space.
While the Gimp
is user friendly, the installation process can result a bit hairy. Because the application works under the GTK Runtime Environment, you will have to install this kit to successfully launch the program. The process is fairly lengthy and some error messages tend to pop up, however if you persist, you will be able to install the Gimp
properly on your PC
Despite this fairly hazardous installation process, the Gimp
is a program we recommend. Whether you’re out of dough or are looking for a free alternative to Photoshop, the Gimp
is excellent image manipulation software with all the tools you’d expect. The friendly interface and expandability make this a program of choice.
· Full suite of painting tools including Brush, Pencil, Airbrush, Clone,
· Sub-pixel sampling for all paint tools for high quality anti-aliasing
· Extremely powerful gradient editor and blend tool
· Supports custom brushes and patterns
· Tile based memory management so image size is limited only by available disk space
· Virtually unlimited number of images open at one time
· Full alpha channel support
· Layers and channels
· Multiple Undo/Redo (limited only by diskspace)
· Editable text layers
· Transformation tools including rotate, scale, shear and flip
· Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy and intelligent
· Advanced path tool doing bezier and polygonal selections.
· Transformable paths, transformable selections.
· Quickmask to paint a selection.
· A Procedural Database for calling internal GIMP functions from
· external programs as in Script-fu
· Advanced scripting capabilities (Scheme, Python, Perl)
· Plug-ins which allow for the easy addition of new file formats and new
· effect filters
· Over 100 plug-ins already available
· Load and save animations in a convenient frame-as-layer format
· MNG support
· Frame Navigator (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
· Onion Skin (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
· Bluebox (in GAP, the GIMP Animation Package)
· File formats supported include bmp, gif, jpeg, mng, pcx, pdf, png, ps, psd, svg, tiff, tga, xpm, and many others
· Load, display, convert, save to many file formats
· SVG path import/export
Gimp for x64 Windows 2.8.6 Website - Gimp for x64 Windows 2.8.6