is a free powerful and featureful tool that generates advanced web (but also ftp or mail) server
statistics, graphically. This log analyzer works as a CGI or from command line and shows you all possible information your log contains, in few graphical web pages like visits, unique vistors, authenticated users, pages, domains/countries, OS busiest times, robot visits, type of files, search engines/keywords used, visits duration, screen size, HTTP errors and more...
Statistics can be updated from a browser or your scheduler.
It uses a partial information file to be able to process large log files, often and quickly.
It can analyze log files from IIS (W3C log format), Apache log files (NCSA combined/XLF/ELF log format or common/CLF log format), WebStar and most of all web, proxy, wap, streaming servers (and ftp servers or mail logs).
The program also supports virtual servers, plugins and a lot of features.
A full log analysis enables AWStats
to show you the following information:
* Number of visits, and number of unique visitors,
* Visits duration and last visits,
* Authenticated users, and last authenticated visits,
* Days of week and rush hours (pages, hits, KB for each hour and day of week),
* Domains/countries of hosts visitors (pages, hits, KB, 269 domains/countries detected, GeoIp detection),
* Hosts list, last visits and unresolved IP addresses list,
* Most viewed, entry and exit pages,
* Files type,
* Web compression statistics (for mod_gzip or mod_deflate),
* OS used (pages, hits, KB for each OS, 35 OS detected),
* Browsers used (pages, hits, KB for each browser, each version (Web, Wap, Media browsers: 97 browsers, more than 450 if using browsers_phone.pm library file),
* Visits of robots (319 robots detected),
* Worms attacks (5 worm's families),
* Search engines, keyphrases and keywords used to find your site (The 115 most famous search engines are detected like yahoo, google, altavista, etc...),
* HTTP errors (Page Not Found with last referrer, ...),
* Other personalized reports based on url, url parameters, referer field for miscellanous/marketing purpose,
* Number of times your site is "added to favourites bookmarks".
* Screen size (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Ratio of Browsers with support of: Java, Flash, RealG2 reader, Quicktime reader, WMA reader, PDF reader (need to add some HTML tags in index page).
* Cluster report for load balanced servers ratio. AWStats
also supports the following features:
* Can analyze a lot of log formats: Apache NCSA combined log files (XLF/ELF) or common (CLF), IIS log files (W3C), WebStar native log files and other web, proxy, wap or streaming servers log files (but also ftp or mail log files). See AWStats
F.A.Q. for examples.
* Works from command line and from a browser as a CGI (with dynamic filters capabilities for some charts),
* Update of statistics can be made from a web browser and not only from your scheduler,
* Unlimited log file size, support split log files (load balancing system),
* Support 'not correctly sorted' log files even for entry and exit pages,
* Reverse DNS lookup before or during analysis, support DNS cache files,
* Plugin for country detection from IP location (use geoip country database or client domain name),
* Plugin for city detection from IP location (use geoip city database),
* Plugins for US/Canadian Region , ISP and/or Organizations reports (require non free third product geoipregion, geoipisp and/or geoiporg database)
* WhoIS links,
* A lot of options/filters and plugins can be used,
* Multi-named web sites supported (virtual servers, great for web-hosting providers),
* Cross Site Scripting Attacks protection,
* Several languages. See AWStats
F.A.Q. for full list.
* No need of rare perl libraries. All basic perl interpreters can make AWStats
* Dynamic reports as CGI output.
* Static reports in one or framed HTML/XHTML pages, experimental PDF export,
* Look and colors can match your site design, can use CSS,
AWStats 7.0 Website - AWStats 7.0