is a FREE available Graphical User Interface (GUI) for chess programs (engines) by Martin Blume. Arena
runs on Win95, NT4 or higher Microsoft OS versions. Arena
is compatible to Winboard protocol I, II and UCI protocol I, II. Furthermore, compatible to Chess960, DGT electronic chess board & DGT clock XP, Autoplayer, ICS (chess server) and much more -> graphics (1280 x 1024).
Main Features of Arena
* Easy-to-use and configurable Interface- Adjust Arena
according to your personal preferences!
* Approx. 250 chess engines run under Arena
. Strenghts vary from very strong to easy to beat, some have adjustable strength .
* Support of the free and publicly available protocols UCI and Winboard for the communication between GUI and Engine.
* Detailed information - Analyse lines tell everything about the thinking process of the chess engines!
* Unique tournament features - Find out, how the chess engines compete against each other.
* Playing over the Internet online games against people worldwide.
* Simple move input and animated piece movement.
* Possibility to analyse your own or other games afterwards automatically.
* Extensive Help
* Printing - clearly laid out output on paper.
* EPD-Support - Easy analysis of position databases.
* PGN-Support - Game - databases clearly arranged.
* Support of the DGT Chessboard for the game with real pieces - Connect the electronic DGT Chessboard to your PC, switch off your screen and play a real competetive game against one or more of the wide range of available WinBoard or UCI Engines.
* Support of 19 languages for the GUI.
* Display of the opening, opening books, Chess960, analyse board, etc. etc...
Arena 3.0 Website - Arena 3.0